Thursday, September 2, 2010

Selling the High Seas

I've decided to re-knit the From Sea to Sea Shawl. This is an opportunity to tweak the pattern in preparation for releasing  it for sale on Ravelry. I'm using another alpaca yarn, Classic Elite Yarns Silky Alpaca Lace.  It's nice and squishy with a light halo that does not interfere with the fields of texture and yarnovers. I've also gone against my usual instincts and am knitting with beige yarn.  I don't do beige.  This will force me to focus on the look of the piece and not rely on colour as a way to add the wow factor. 


2 comments:

  1. I've been browsing your projects on Ravelry. My word, you do knit fast. I think I spend too much time on the computer, and not enough time knitting. Isn't it great to have permission to look into other people's workbaskets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. m1k1, I agree, it is fun to snoop through the workbaskets of others. I have found inspiration in colour choices, yarns, techniques and, of course, projects. It's all very I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. What fun!! I think my speed is an illusion btw. I have insomnia, so have more time to knit at my disposal. The insomnia does have its perks:).

    ReplyDelete