Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apparently I am still adjusting to my new sleep schedule, I am back in the classroom and could barely keep my eyes open all week. This means that I didn't get much knitting or pattern writing accomplished. On Friday I finally knit a small Turn-A-Square hat. I used Noro Kureyon, an aran weight yarn, instead of the recommended worsted, so I cast on 80 st using a 3.5mm needle and switched to a 4.5mm needle when I finished the ribbing. I just need to attach a pompom to it, and it's a done deal. I made a second hat on Saturday for my friend Joan.





On Friday our new cabinets arrived, a mere 8 weeks overdue. While Jim and I are annoyed at the quality of service, we love these cabinets made from repurposed materials: doors, tin ceiling tiles, church pews, etc. The look is very rustic and they look good in our bedroom. The units are made by a small Toronto company called Forever Interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment