Sunday, September 12, 2010

It' s been a good week. I'm back to teaching and I think I'm gonna enjoy my classes; I'm teaching grade 12 art and grade 10 media arts.  Forty-five grade 12s are already knitting and will start their mitten projects this week.  Jim and I had a great day at the Georgetown Farmer's Market. I sold three of my original shawls (two are heading to Arizona  and one is off to Minnesota as a Xmas gifts) and Jim had exceptional jewellery sales too. Jim and I have also been approached about participating in the fourth season of an on-line video magazine called Define Yourself. It focuses on the responses to aging by those who are forty plus. If we are selected, we will the first men to take part in this venture. A videographer was taping us as we went about our business on Saturday. It was both interesting and unnerving 'cause while Jim is extremely gregarious, I definitely on the shy side. It also offers us an interesting question to consider: Will we take them up on an offer to undergo a variety of "enhancing" treatments which may include botox and restylane injections? Hmmmmm.

I also managed to complete the re-worked Sea to Sea Shawl. It looks much better than the original version; it's lacier due to a few thousand added yarnovers. I need to complete the written pattern and post it this week.


The next design is sloshing around in my noggin; I want to create a shawl inspired by one of my favourite old movies, Arsenic and Old Lace. I already have the perfect lace weight from NoTwoSnowflakes. Its a silk with a sweet silver sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment