Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Been Too Long

Life has made it difficult to sit down and write for the past few months. Things have been busy here is Etobicoke. Jim and I were exceedingly busy in out lead-up to Christmas. I devoted numerous hours to costuming for my school musical, The Scarlet Pimpernel. While I was not thrilled with this show, the kids did reveal some extraordinary voices and the costumes stole the show.



In addition, Jim and I had a busy season with our side business, Earthcandy. We did numerous craft sales and enjoyed our busiest season to date. We sold a lot of Jim's jewellery and a number of my uniquely designed shawls and toques.

I also managed to complete 3 paintings to give Jim for his birthday. He had been dying to have portraits of the pets so I managed to pull off an oil painting of each.






We decided to spend the holiday at home and avoid the usual trip to the east coast to visit Jim's family; his mother and sister spent a week with us in November. It was great to find time to do some Christmas decorating and baking.


We had a delightfully quiet break and even found time to get a few jobs done around the house. We finally finished the bedroom we started working on this summer. We installed the Church rail as a headboard as well as the repainted mexican tin sconces. We love it!

We also found time to hang all of the artwork we purchased that had not yet found a home on our walls.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mexican tin sconces. I have a silly question about them. Are they candles or battery operated? clbrmba@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. The sconces have been wired so no need for batteries or candles.

    ReplyDelete